Human Resources Manager/Generalist
Manufacturing company in North Oakland County is starting to recover from the recession and is looking for an HR Generalist with a strong manufacturing background.
As the company continues to grow and expand, this person will eventually have other staff in their scope of responsibility. This person will lead the functions in the following areas:
• Employee recruitment & development,
• Benefit & compensation administration,
• Employment policies & procedures,
• Employee relations
• Health & Safety administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administers various Human Resource procedures for all company personnel including:
• Timekeeping & Attendance
• Payroll Administration
• HR Information Systems (HRIS) & reporting
• Benefits – claims resolution and communicating benefit information to employees.
• Safety – incident records, licenses, certifications, meeting notes, training, workers
compensation & claims,
• Personnel policies and procedures including maintaining Employee Handbook,
Performance evaluation system
• Compliance with all Employee Conduct and Work Rules, and all policies contained in the Employee Handbook,
• Employment law and regulation compliance, including interfaces with attorneys, and available
• Recruitment efforts for all exempt, non-exempt, and non-permanent positions, including new
hire orientation & safety training,
• Employee relations matters with all levels of personnel as the “employee advocate”, “supervisor counsel”, and a “business champion”.
• Bachelor’s degree Business with major course work in Human Resources; Masters Degree preferred.
• Five to 10 years solid Human Resource experience in a Manager role, preferably in a Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and all other employees.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
• Ability to function and lead in a team based environment
• Proficient in personal computer software (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Explorer) and cutting edge HRIS “self-administration” applications.
• Must possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Self motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Prefer “Professional” or “Senior Professional” Human Resources certified. Support professional affiliation with SHRM (Society for Human Resources Management) and/or ASE (American Society of Employers).
For more information:
Contact us at :