Looking for a Change of Pace, enjoy Small Town living on Lake Huron
Excellent opportunity for an HR Manager with manufacturing experience. This Company offers relocation assistance and is a growing organization with career potential.
In this role you would be a part of the Management Team and provide support in the Human Resource functions in all facets of Human Resources for two plant facilities with 350-400 employees. In this proactive role employee relations, performance management, education on labor laws, compensation management and staffing are under your direction.
• Provide counsel and advice to supervisors/manager in developing effective performance appraisals.
• Provides counsel and recommend courses of action relative to employee issues including offering opinions based on Federal/State law in compliance with ADA, EAP, FMLA, AAP, MESC and Workers’ Compensation including investigating and gathering data relevant to employee issues.
• Plan and implement strategies including safety, education and legal to lower workers’ compensation costs.
• Manages administrative staff of 2-3 to support Human Resources
• Develop, implement and administer personnel policies in compliance with all labor laws and regulations as well as corporate application. .
• Assist in recruiting efforts, staff planning, ensuring productivity measurement and standards of performance. Oversees all employment related activities
• Support Plant, Division and Corporate policies, procedures and image.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 5+yrs in Human Resources within a manufacturing environment, automotive a plus.
• Hands-on experience with FMLA, ADA, OSHA, DOT and other HR related state, local and government regulations.
• Experience in coaching plant management team.
• Facilitation of training for production supervisors and other plant staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience with competency based behavioral interviewing techniques.
• Hands-on experience with coaching staff on performance management, merit increase, new organizational policies and procedures.
• Proficient with MSOffice, payroll systems, application tracking systems and other HR systems.
Great compensation package with bonus, benefits, relocation.