Growing and expanding company in the Western Suburbs is looking for a qualified support person. This position is responsible for the coordination of clerical functions for the sales group. Work independently with minimal supervision, performs relatively complex administrative duties including creating and preparing routine materials and proofreading, verifying and editing all materials for accuracy and clarity. Answers customer inquiries and acts as liaison between customer and sales staff.
• Communicates with regular or prospective customers in person, via telephone, and e-mail.
• Sales-specific responsibilities: prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information, initiates part change notification procedure.
• Organizes work load to comply with deadlines and prioritizes, works independently to complete routine department or unit functions and prepare routine correspondence, reports, forms, and the like for review by supervisor.
• Consults with customers, suppliers or other individuals to discuss and to resolve issues for domestic and international quotations.
• Initiates & Evaluates part change notices and secures customer approvals as appropriate
• Assists in quotation process from receipt of RFQ to quotation to customer including price determination. Responsible for quote follow-up and win/loss reporting.
• Assists with annual sales forecast for assigned accounts
• Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
• Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Responsible for processing annual price reviews and if necessary subsequent price increases; and administration of stainless steel surcharges.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Prefer two (2) years of college or business school.
Five or more year’s experience in sales office environment interacting with various levels of management and customers.
Proficiency in all applicable computer software programs (MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, & Excel), and applications; ERP / Plex experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills; must be detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills.
Must be able to work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
Analytical ability sufficient to handle most complex administrative functions. Considerable ability to decide on and carry out appropriate course of action in office situations; to compose correspondence; to keep records and prepare reports, and to receive a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.