Our client has is looking for a Director of Program Management to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This role includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Director will also define the project’s objectives and oversee development gate control throughout its life cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead project management internally, as well as being the program management face to customer organizations
• Be the “leader among equals” for program development with counterparts from Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, and Finance
• Create, define, and follow-up on timelines and project plans to assure that all quality gates are being met
• Control work progress by assuring that project documentation is updated in a timely and accurate manner
• Lead internal meetings, as well as appropriate meetings at suppliers for program reviews
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in
collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
in a timely and clear fashion
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the
appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation,
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team,
analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and
devise contingency plans
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties
throughout project life cycle
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors,
and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the
Mange approximately 5 Program Managers
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical area preferred.
• 8+ years program management experience in a manufacturing setting, especially with high precision machines such as CNC and Powertrain components.
• Led teams working in busy environments and deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
• Ability to function in a team based environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in all Microsoft software applications.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision.