Newly created position for non automotive company with multiple plants in the U.S.. The Operations Controller will be responsible for overseeing all Operations Accounting functions and provide leadership and direction to the plants. Company is looking for a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills in addition to an extensive background with manufacturing, cost and inventory. Candidates must possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to drive process improvement and provide strategic direction to the plant operations. Strong IT/ERP systems experience will be essential as this individual will be working with the plants to optimize the use of the current ERP system and provide guidance to executive management. Excellent potential for advancement.
Posts Tagged ‘Cost’
Growing manufacturing company in Oakland Company is adding to their team. Great organization with opportunity to grow your career.
Responsible for analysis of financial status of the company and work with the Finance Manager to track and report financial goals. Provide financial analysis, planning and budget controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and prepare annual business planning of Profit and Loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
• Establish, prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on company financial performance including deviation reports for budgeted sales, personnel, and capital expenditures in an accurate and timely manner; monitor progress and changes and keep management abreast of financial status.
• Continuous improvement of existing budgeting and planning process, tools and formats for sales, personnel and capital expenditures as well as Profit and Loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
• Implementation of corporate KPI’s within reporting format
• Calculate activity prices for personnel and machining cost centers as well as cost allocations
• Carry out SAP R3 product calculation of finished goods (pre and post calculations); preparation of monthly deviation reports
• Maintaining SAP R3 masterdata within the CO module
• Generate ad hoc reports be collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Protecting operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
• Completion of projects at the request of management.
Requirements Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and three or more years of progressive controlling experience, preferably in a manufacturing company. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as profitability and statistical interference. Proficient in all Microsoft applications, specifically Excel. Proficient in SAP R3 CO/FI modules. Strong attention to details; must possess excellent written and verbal skills.