Our client a growing automotive supplier located in Oakland County is looking to add a new Accountant position to their team. The company offers an excellent benefit package along with opportunity for growth. The accountant will be responsible to assist in monthly close, forecasting, and annual plan development.
• Reconcile, understand and maintain accuracy for specified general ledger balance sheet accounts.
• Tracking and reporting SG&A variances to Plan or Forecast.
• Reconcile North America Budget & Forecast and determination of variances
• Prepare and analyze SG&A departmental spending and variances.
• Prepare YE audit and tax work papers.
• Provide period departmental actual/budget reporting and research questions on charges and variances to budget
• Fixed asset capitalization information YE audit and work paper preparation
• SG&A vendor spending detail for variance reporting.
• Provide monthly and annual tax work paper information, tax depreciation reporting and various adhoc.
• Bachelors degree required in accounting or business.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years working in general accounting
• Team player with a “can do” attitude.
• Flexible, able to multi task and meet department deadlines.
• Proficiency using Excel and creating/using Pivot tables.
• Period end and Year end accounting and reporting including preparation of account reconciliations.
• Effective communication skills – verbal and written. Able to work with a wide variety of people and at all levels in the organization. Use of appropriate mode and tone when communicating with internal and external customers.
• Experience with AS400 helpful.