Our client is a growing automotive supplier that has a new position for a Senior Commodity Buyer.
This person will develop and maintain a regional sourcing strategy linked to new business sourcing for assigned commodities. Maintains up to date awareness of key market trends and uses information for validation and cost control. Establishes and maintains effective relations with key strategic suppliers. Negotiates pricing agreements and approves new business sourcing within general guidelines defined by the Director of Purchasing. Develops Material Cost Reduction MCR projects and gains wide organizational support to achieve implementation. Performs deep analysis of cost drivers using part cost breakdowns and purchasing skills. Helps maintain, develop, and improve purchasing and systems to continuously improve performance. Maintains effective cross functional relationships with suppliers, plants, and internal teams to improve overall performance. Guides junior members of the purchasing group in the application of systems and purchasing methods. Executes necessary administration of purchasing contracts and agreements. Up to 30% travel required (some international) to suppliers and Company manufacturing facilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, technical degrees preferred.
• Minimum 5 year work experience in the specific Commodity area (ie: Stampings, Steels, Machining, Castings, Injection Moldings, Electronics)
• In depth knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
• Previous experience in automotive purchasing with a global focus, international experience a plus
• Proficient in ERP data extraction and analysis with superior Microsoft Office experience and skills.
• Experience leading successful negotiations