We are seeking an Accounting Manager for a well established Oakland County manufacturing company. This hands-on position will be responsible for supervising the accounting department, preparing reports for management, and developing standards and processes for proper financial management. The Accounting manager will also assist the Controller in managing the company’s financial accounts, budget, cash receipts and financial assets. The company offers and strong benefits package including medical, dental, and 401(K).
- Manage month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, and month-end account reconciliations.
- Manage professional accounting staff team members.
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit; prepare supporting schedules for tax returns and prepare excise and property tax filings.
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards and how to implement.
- Balance sheet and P&L flux analyses and research discrepancies.
- Inventory analysis to ensure costs and results reported accurately.
- Perform special projects, analyses and reports as required to support the needs of the Company.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in detailed accounting positions in manufacturing environment
- CPA or CMA is a plus
- Manufacturing Cost Experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including advanced Excel skills
- Power BI/Power Query experience a plus
- Large ERP system experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must be a team player, willing to assist and/or train co-workers