Would you welcome the opportunity to work for a quality-driven company, joining an entrepreneurial “can-do” team? Our well-established Oakland County manufacturing corporation is seeking a Cost Accountant to assist the Controller. The successful candidate will have experience with inventory control and analysis, costs of goods sold and margins, month end costing activities, and job shop costing. Long term growth opportunity within this successful company. Strong benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and work life balance.
- Construction of data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review controls needed for data accumulation, analysis, and reporting systems
- Accountable for integrity of financials, including ensuring correctness of transactions on a GL level
- Review average and actual costs for inaccuracies and accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Implement a cycle counting program, investigate variances and resolve issues
- Conduct materials review board accountable for locating and disposing of obsolete inventory
- Validate and update costs in the bill of materials and review costing variances: validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Annual operating budget / cost roll
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by products; work centers; factories; margins by product and division; periodic variances and causes; and focusing on spending variances
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Accounting, Finance or Analytics.
- Job Shop costing experience preferred.
- 2+ years of financial analysis related to manufacturing, logistic and / or inventory control work experience.
- CMA, CPA preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills and project management skills.
- Large ERPs Excel, Bi Query and Data Mining
- Experience manipulating large databases
- Familiar with all production operations, potentially visiting all significant company operations.