Are looking for a role that will allow you to serve as a key member of the Finance team for a successful Oakland County Manufacturer? The Manager of Finance Planning and Analysis is responsible for the creation and analysis of financial data reporting, margin analysis, budgeting, and month end closing for cost accounting and inventory activities. This dynamic company offers long term growth and a generous benefit package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and Work Life Balance.
- Preparation of the monthly management reporting packages (actuals, budget and prior year)
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget
- Consolidation of financial results into other various financial model files and reports
- Preparation and dissemination of monthly SG&A departmental files (budget vs actual)
- Develop and oversee initiatives and projects and perform ad-hoc analysis
- Create and review controls needed for analysis and reporting systems
- Assist with coordinating physical inventory counts
- Construct data accumulation reporting for process improvement to cost accounting system
- Work with appropriate team members to update costs in the bill of materials
- Review average and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Assist with calculation of overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Work with the commercial and production teams to identify, locate and dispose of obsolete inventory (ad-hoc reports)
- Represent Finance department in SIOP process
- Complete price models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Analytics.
- 5+ years of financial analysis related to manufacturing, logistic and / or inventory control work experience.
- CMA, CPA preferred.
- Excellent analytical and systems skills required.
- Experience with ERPs, advanced Excel and data mining experience (SQL Querying)
- Experience manipulating large databases and job shop costing preferred
- Prior income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement experience